A fever that occurs any time as-sometimes before going to bed at the night and sometimes the patient become the victim of this fever when he is sitting during day. Sometimes it occurs after one-two or three days’ break. The temperature in this fever rises high and sometime becomes normal. The patient feels chilliness in this fever but sometime he feels hot. This is called malarial fever (visham fever).
There are five types of malarial fever (visham fever) in Ayurveda–
1. Continuous Fever (Santat Fever) that remains for 7 to 10 days or till 12 days.
2. Satat fever which occurs twice a day or twice at night.
3. Anyeghuh Fever: The fever that occurs once a day or at night daily. It is also known as ‘Ekhwik’ or ‘Ektara’.
4. Triennial Fever (triyak fever): The fever that occurs at an interval of 3 days is called ‘Tizaree’.
5. Chaturthik Fever: The fever that occurs at an interval of 4 days. It is also known as ‘Chauthaiya’. Besides it, there are several types of fever.
First– prelepak (low temperature all the time)
Second– vatta-blasak ( this type of fever remains all the time in which skin of the body become white and the patient become the victim of swelling and excessive phlegm.
Third: narsingh or aradhanarishwar fever (in this type of fever half body remains cold while half body remains hot).
Fourth– night fever (this type of fever occurs because of equality of vatta-kapha and lack of bile)
Treatment by different medicines:
Continuous Fever (Santat Fever):
1. Gentiana Kurroo: Prepare decoction by boiling gentiana kurroo, pierorhiza, indian sesparilla and smilax zelynica and then take. It is useful in continuous fever.
2. Trichosanthes dioica (sespadula): Prepare decoction by boiling the leaves of sespadula, nut grass, jatropha curcas, pierorhiza and smilax zelynica. Now take this decotion to get rid of continuous fever.
1. Pierorhiza: Prepare decoction by boiling pierorhiza, counbtry mellow (khirentee), cuscus, coriander, pugsley and nut grass and then take. Its use abates satat fever.
2. Trichosanthes dioica (sespadula): Prepare a decoction by boiling sespadula’s leaves, halarrhena antidysentrica wall, myrolealans, neem, indian sesparilla, turpeth root and pavonia odorata. It is useful to take this decoction in this fever.
Trichosanthes dioica (sespadula): Prepare decoction by boiling sespadula’s leaves, neem’s bark, grapes, pudding pipe tree, triphala (Harad, Baheda and Aamla) and Malabar nut. Now take this decoction after mixing sugar candy and honey in it. It provides relief in this type of fever and the patient gets rid of this fever.
1. Grapes: Prepare a decoction by boiling grapes, sespadula, neem’s bark, nut grass, oval leaved roseway and triphala (Harad, Baheda and Aamla). Now take this decoction in the morning after cooling. Its use gets rid of fever, which occurs once a day-night.
2. Black Basil: Uproot a plant of black basil, prickly chalf flower, edipta Alba or kakjangha after bathing in the auspicious period (pushp nakshatra). Now wrap it in the red thread and then tie on the arms or neck of the patient. It is useful in Ektara fever.
Triennial Fever (Tritiyak Fever):
1. Red Sandal: Prepare a decoction by boiling red sandal, cuscus, nut grass, tinospora, dry ginger and coriander. Now take after adding sugar candy and honey in it. It gets rid of triennial fever and thirst caused by this fever.
2. Prickly Chalf Flower: Wrap the root of prickly chalf flower in seven red threads on Sunday and then tie it on the waist of the patient. Tizaree fever disappears by its use.
1. Desmodium Gangeticum: Grind desmodium gangeticum, indian gooseberry (amla), Himalayan cedar, myrolealans, Malabar nut and dry ginger and then boil it to make decoction. Now take this decoction after adding honey and sugar candy in it. Its use abates chaturthik fever.
2. White Prickly Chalf Flower: Take the root of white prickly chalf flower with milk or eat by keeping it in water. It gets rid of old chaturtik fever.
3. Cannabis Indica: Make tablets in the size of zizyphus mumunularia (jharber) with the paste of cannabis indica and jiggery (gur). Give these tablets to the patient before 2 hours of the fever. It helps to get rid of chathurtik fever.
Other Medicinal Treatment:
1. Holarrhena antidysentrica wall: Prepare a decoction, after grinding, holarrhena antidysentrica, sespadula’s leaves and pierorhiza and then take it. It cures all types of visham fever.
2. Neem: Prepare a decoction with neem, sespadula’s leaves, grapes, nut grass, holarrhena antidysentrica wall and triphala (Harad, Baheda and Aamla). Take this decoction; it gets rid of malarial fever.
3. Indian mallow: Prepare a decoction by boiling the root of Indian mallow and dry ginger and then take. Its use gets rid of fever caused by cold, burning sensation and malarial fever within 2 to 3 days.
4. Basil: It is useful to take the juice of basil leaves after adding the powder of black pepper in malarial fever.
5. Sespadula: Prepare decoction by boiling sespadula’s leaves, myrolealans, nut grass, pierorhiza, chireta, liquorice root and tinospora and then take. Its use gets rid of all types of malarial fever along with cough and lack of appetite.
6. Dry Ginger: Cook an equal quantity of dry ginger, nut grass, tinospora, chireta, dashmool (bael, shyonak, khambharee, stereospermum suaveolens, ailanthus excelsa, sarivan, uraria lagopoides, solanum indicum, solanum xanthocarpum and tinospora) in 500 ml of water until it remains 100 ml. Now gave it to the patient to drink. It is useful in malarial fever.
7. Long Peeper: Lick 80 g powder of long peeper after mixing it with honey in the morning and evening.
- Apply the spider web in the eyes like a collyrium after burning.
- Wrap the right feather of an owl in white cotton and then tie it in the ear of the patient.
- Mark with the soil of the hole of a crab on the forehead of the patient.