Gums become soft and weak if there is a lack of vitamin ‘C’ in the meal taken by a person. Thus, a person suffers from gums’ bleeding. Pus also comes from the teeth. Black spots appear on the skin in the lack of vitamin C. Teeth become weak because of gums’ swelling. Besides it, the victim suffers from mouth odour, giddiness and darkness before the eyes.
Teeth become germs’ affected in the lack of cleanliness and they start to decay. Teeth become weak because of germs. In this co ndition, blood and pus start to come from the gums.
Pus and blood start to come out from the gums. Other symptoms are as weak teeth, black spots on the skin, stinking breath, giddiness and darkness before the eyes.
Food and abstinence:
- The patient should eat apple and carrot. Carrot juice is also beneficial.
- Sprinkle rock salt on the onion pieces and take.
- Chew properly raw turnip.
- Mix salt into water and gargle.
- Excessive hot meal should not be taken in this disease.
- The patient should avoid by taking excessive sweet or cold things.
Treatment by different medicine :
1. Alum: Grind alum, sangjarahat and betel nut into the fine tooth powder. Rub this powder on the gums daily. Its use strengthens gums and cures the disease named scurvy.
2. Betel nut: If a person has been suffering from scurvy, grind equal amount of betel nut and catechu into the fine toothpowder. Clean your teeth with this powder twice a day regularly to get relief in this disease.
3. Pistacia integerrima: Prepare a decoction by boiling pistacia integerrima and apply on the gums. Gargle after a few minutes with water. Its cures the disease named scurvy.
4. Bol: (hira bol) Mix bol and borax properly. Rub this preparation on the gums to get relief in scurvy.
5. Common cress: The use of common cress leaves as salad strengthens gums and cures the disease scurvy.
6. Lodh leaves: Prepare decoction by boiling lodh leaves and gargle with this preparation. Its use cures scurvy and ends toothache.
7. Extract of Indian berberin: Mix extract of Indian berberin, nut grass and lodh in honey. Apply this paste on the gums and rub gently. All diseases pertaining to gums disappear by its use.
8. Jatropha curcas: Prepare a decoction by boiling the leaves of jatropha curcas and gargle many times a day. Its use cures the disease scurvy and teeth become strong by its use.
9. Glossocardia linearifoba: Prepare a decoction by boiling glossocardia linearfoba and mix cinnamon or cloves. Gargle with this decoction twice a day to get relief in the disease scurvy.
10. Catechu: Prepare a decoction by boiling catechu and gargle with this decoction to get relief in scurvy. Prepare a decoction by boiling catechu bark or its leaves. Gargle with this decoction, it is useful for the treatment of scurvy and other gums’ diseases.
11. Indian gooseberry: Prepare a decoction by boiling the leaves and bark of Indian gooseberry. Gargle with this decoction, it is a good remedy for the treatment of scurvy.
12. Corinda: The disease scurvy disappears by eating the fruits of corinda.
13. Date palm: Boil 2-4 date palms in cow milk. Eat these date palms and drink the milk by mixing sugar candy. The disease named scurvy disappears by doing this regularly.
14. Honey: Mix honey, dry ginger, black pepper corns and ghee properly. Rub this preparation on the gums twice a day regularly to get relief.
15. Lemon: Grind the peel of lemon and rub twice a day regularly. Its use stops bleeding from the gums.
16. Henbane seed: Prepare a decoction by boiling henbane seeds’ leaves and gargle to stop bleeding from the gums.