English – Relapsing fever
Bengali – Punrathortak Jawar
Kannada – Harleeda Jawar
Malayalam – Onnardan Pani
Marathi – Punah Yenara Tap
Oriya – Paleejar
Tamil – Murai Juram
Arabic – Purawartak Jawar
Symptoms: The temperature in Relapsing Fever increases quickly (100°F to 105°F) which stays for 6-7 days. Sometimes, the patient shows the symptoms of insanity and erotomania also but the next moment the patient becomes normal suddenly. Low temperature and excess sweat or diarrhea become like before. However, after one week temperature starts to increase for 3-4 days. This fever is called relapsing fever.
Treatment by different medicines:
1. Chireta: Prepare a decoction by boiling chireta root, pierorhiza’s fruit, mustakmool and the stem of tinospora. Take 14 to 28 ml this decoction thrice a day. Its use provides relief in relapsing fever.
2. Fenugreek: Take 10 to 20 grams sprouted seeds of fenugreek in the morning and evening. This medicine is useful in relapsing fever.
3. Ghee: Take half gram to 1g roasted asafetida after mixing it in ghee with any eatable things. It abates fever.
4. Pierorhiza: Lick 3 to 4 grams powder of pierorhiza with honey in the morning and evening. It abates relapsing fever due to jirn (old) fever, cold fever and constipation.
5. Holarrhena antidysentrica wall: If a patient takes 1 to 4 g roasted powder of holarrhena antidysentrica wall with honey in the morning and evening, he does not become the victim of relapsing again.
6. Emetic Nut: It is useful to take the decoction prepared by the bark of emetic nut in fever.
7. Extract of Indian Berberin: It is useful to give 1\4 g or less extract of Indian berberin daily thrice a day to the suffering patient on empty stomach or 2 hours before or after meals. Remember that, sleep by covering all over the body with blanket. After sometimes, you will feel thirst and nervousness but don’t care and do not drink water. You will feel weakness after sweating; take rice water or milk after an hour.
8. Garlic: Take 2 to 3g mixture of garlic with ghee in the morning on empty stomach. It gives relief in fever.
9. Indian Vulerian Rhizome: Mix half to 1g powder of Indian valerian rhizome, manahshila, yashad ash and a little opium or cannabis indica. Then mix again the whole mixture in betel juice to make small tablets. Now take one tablet in the morning and one tablet in the evening. It gets rid of physical and mental tiredness caused by fever.
10. Zedoary: It is useful to take the decoction, prepared by boiling zedoary, small peeper and cinnamon mixing with honey in the morning and evening.
11. Common Sweet Basil: Take 20 to 80 ml juice of the root of wild basil in the morning and evening. Its use gets rid of malarial fever.
12. Clerodendron Infortunatum: Give half-gram powder of the leaves of clerodendron infortunatum mixing with honey and clove or cinnamon to the patient to lick. It is very useful in third or fourth attack of this fever.
13. Tinospora: Give the decoction of tinospora by mixing honey in the morning and evening. It is useful in savira or malarial fever or relapsing fever.
14. Wood Apple (Bael): It is useful to give the decoction of the bark of bael’s root in the morning and evening.
15. Madar: It is useful to take the fusion of the bark of madar’s root.
16. Thorn apple: Give about one gram or less powder of the seeds of thorn apple with one-gram curd before fever to the patient to eat. Temperature does not rise again. Before this activity, soak these seeds in cow’s urine for 12 hours.
17. Pugssley: Take about 25 to 50 ml decoction of pugssley in the morning and evening. This medicine is beneficial in bilious fever and other diseases caused by fever. It also ends the burning sensation, thirst and disturbed stomach.
18. Mollugo stricta: It is useful to give the vegetable of mollugo stricta, in malarial fever. It also increases appetite.
19. Neem: It is useful to take 5 to 10 drops of neem oil in the morning and evening in intermittent fever.
20. Night Jasmine (Tree of Sorrow): Take the juice of 7-8 leaves of night jasmine after adding ginger juice and honey in it in the morning and evening, it is useful.
21. Indian Privet:
- Grind the leaves of Indian privet and myrolealans with cow’s urine and then take it in the morning and evening. It is useful in fever with the enlargement of spleen.
- It is useful to take the juice of Indian privet’s leaves with pierorhiza and extract of Indian berberin.
22. Salix Caprea: Take 20 to 40 ml decoction prepared with the bark of salix caprea in the morning and evening. It gives relief in relapsing and bilious fever.
23. Salix Tetrasperma: Churn 5 to 10 g bark of salix tetrasperma and then take it in the morning and evening before fever. It reduces the temperature of the fever.
24. Barrengtonia acutangula: Give half-gram barrengtonia acutangula with black pepper and the juice of basil leaves in the morning and evening. It is useful in relapsing fever.
25. Sida rhombi folia: Prepare decoction by boiling the root of sida rhombi folia and dry ginger and then take 40 ml in the morning and evening. It is useful in malarail fever.
26. Side Spinosa: It is useful to take the root of side spinosa and dry ginger.
27. Thalictrum foliolosum: Take half-gram root of thalictrum foliolosum in the morning and evening, it provides relief in fever.
28. Gaav Jaban: Take 4 to 6g powder of the root of gav jaban with 20 to 25 ml milk and water in the morning and evening. It is useful in fever.
29. Magnolia: Give 40 to 80 ml infusion of the root of magnolia to the patient. It is useful in fever.
30. Ficus hispida: It will be useful to take half-gram root or fruit of ficus hispida with milk in the morning and evening. It is restricted to give in excess quantity because it causes vomiting.
31. The Toon: Give 20 to 25 g infusion of the bark of the toon tree in the morning and evening. Take black pepper after its use.
32. Alstonia scholaris: Give 4 to 8 g powder or 20 to 40 ml decoction of the bark of alstonia scholaris in the morning and evening. It normalizes to the temperature of the body and ends the weakness caused by fever.
33. Gaub Persimen: Take half-gram powder of the bark of gaub persimen in the morning and evening, it is very useful in fever.
34. Carissa carandas: Take 20 to 40g decoction of the leaves of Carissa carandas, it is useful in malarial fever.
35. Sebestan: Take 20 to 40g decoction of the bark of sebestan in the morning and evening, it is useful in fever.
36. Apple: Take 40 to 80 ml decoction of the bark of an apple tree in the morning and evening; it is useful in relapsing fever.
37. Worm Wood: Drip 10 to 15 drops of worm wood’s oil in milk or spongy sugar-cake (batasa) and then take. It gives relief in old fever.
38. Adansonia digitata: It is useful to take 20 ml to 40 ml decoction of adansonia digitata.
39. Makardhwaj: Mix 1g makardhwaj and 2g powder of long peeper altogether and then take it mixing with honey in the morning and evening. It is useful in malarial fever as well as other fever.