Introduction:e a red colour tumor produces at the back portion of the ear. The patient suffers from light fever and light pain in this disease. A victim of this disease gets trouble for 4-6 days.
Name in different languages:
English – Mumps, parotitis
Hindi – Kanphed
Arabic – Siyalgal, jadumani
Kannada – Gutlumbh
Marathi – Pashan gardbh, galfug
Tamil – Pothalammai
Gujrati – Galpa char
Malayalam – Mundi-vicum
Oriya – Galua, kanphede
Telugu – GaradbilluGod
Treatment by different medicines :
1. Malabar nut: Grind the leaves of Malabar nut and apply on the mumps. It use provides a lot of relief.
2. Jambul: Boil the bark of jambul tree and its leaves and apply on the mumps. Its use provides a lot of relief.
3. Basil: Grind the leaves of basil, new leaves of castor and little salt with water. Apply this paste on the mumps. The patient gets a lot of relief.
4. Karanjwa: Grind 10 grams kernel of karanjwa and take half gram with water twice a day. Its use provides a lot of relief in the disease mumps.
5. Salt: If there is swelling on the vein in this disease, mix salt in water and foment the affected portion. Its use provides relief.
6. Long pepper: Grind the bark of long pepper and mix one gram tirkuta (dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper) and bamboo manna. Apply this preparation on the mumps to get relief.
7. Plantago ovata: (Isbgoal) Dissolve 10 grams isbgoal in water and leave it for 15 minutes. Thereafter, apply it on the mumps to get relief.
8. Tiryak arba: The patient gets a lot of relief in the disease named mumps by taking 6 grams tiryak arba.
9. Dashamool: (Bengal quince, khambari, yonak, sterospermum suaveolens, arlu, uraria picta, solanum indicum, tinospora and wild egg plant): Grind dashamool with cow water and apply this paste on the veins. Its use provides relief to the patient.
10. Alum: Mix alum, gall nut, bastard teak, Indian pellet shrub, murdasang with mimusoaps hexandra and apply on the mumps. Its use provides a lot of relief.
11. Black soil: Application of black soil provides relief in the disease named mumps.
12. Neem: Chew 3-4 raw fruits of neem twice a day, it provides relief a lot to the patient.