English : Infantile fever
Hindi : Bachoo ka bukhar
Gujrati : Chookarao ka tav
Bengali : Bal jwar
Kannada : Makkal jwar
Asami : Balak jwar
Malayalam : Bal jwaram
Oriya : Pilanku jar
Punjabi : Bichchiyan da bukhar
Tamil : Kanjhandei jwaram
Marathi : Bal jwar
Treatment by different medicines :
1. Black pepper: Grind two black peppers and two holy basil leaves with honey and give to child to lick thrice a day. Fever cures by its use.
2. Small peeper: Give two pinches of Pistacia Integerrima and small pepper powder with honey to child to lick. Its use reduces temperature.
3. Pierorhiza: Give two pinches of pierorhiza powder with honey to child to lick twice a day. Its use provides relief in fever.
4. M yrolealans: Prep are a decoction by taking one small myrolealans, two pinches of Indian goose powder, and two pinches of turmeric and one bud of neem and give it to the child to lick. Fever ends by its use.
5. Nutmeg: Grind nutmeg and apply it upon the child’s forehead, chest and nose. Its use provides relief in fever.
6. Small pepper: Grind small pepper and mix with honey. Give this paste to child to lick.
7. Tinospora: Give half to one spoon juice of tinospora to child to lick. Its use is very beneficial.
8. Liquorice: Prepare a decoction by boiling Indian berberry, liquorice, wild eggs plant, turmeric, solanum indicum and holarrhena antidysentrica. Filter this preparation. Give this decoction to the child to drink. Its use provides relief in fever.
9. Mica ash: If a 1-2 years’ old child has been suffering from fever due to hotness or bile disorder, 1\4 gram ash of praval should be given to child. It cures fever. Mica ash, equal to kidney bean, (urad) should be given to one-two years’ old child with milk. Its use cures the fever caused by cold.
10. Nutmeg: Grind nutmeg, cubebs, cassia cinnamon, mace, cloves, cardamom, bamboo manna and black peeper together. After that, grind 3 grams saffron and one-gram musk with water. Mix it with that powder and prepare tablets equal to kidney bean. This tablet is very useful for the treatment of child’s fever, phlegm, cough, indigestion, milk vomiting, green loose motions and cold or catarrh.
11. Asafetida: Prepare collyrium from pure mercury and sulphur each 6 grams. After that grind asafetida, long peeper, dry ginger, cassia cinnamon, nutmeg, toasted saffron, borax, red salt, toasted cloves, caraway, bebereng, Indian atees and pistacia integerrima to prepare powder. Mix this powder in collyrium. After that, prepare tablets equal to kidney bean seed mixing water in this powder. Give this tablet to the child with mother milk. Cold, catarrh, cough, milk vomiting, green loose motions and stomach diseases do not originate. This tablet should be given to the child regularly. Its use remains far to the child from many diseases. This tablet is very useful for reducing phlegm and temperature caused by cold.
12. Honey: Grind 10 grams helle bore and mix 1\4 gram this preparation with honey. Give it to the child to lick twice a day. Fever of the child becomes normal by its use.
13. Tinospora: Fever is cured if 120 grams tinospora is given to the child to lick with honey thrice a day.
14. Neem: Prepare a decoction by mixing nutgrass (bhadramotha), myrolealans, neem, bitter sespadula and liquorice root. Taking this decoction cures all types of fever. This decoction should be taken in lukewarm condition.
15. Pepper: Grind nutgrass, long pepper, Indian atees and pistacia integerrima and filter. Give this powder to the child to lick mixing with honey. Its use provides relief in fever due to diarrhea, cough, vomiting and asthma. Of course, this powder cures fever and loose motions. If the patient has been suffering from cough, asthma and vomiting along with fever, its use ends all these diseases too. Its use is very beneficial for children.
16. Indian atees:
- Only Indian atees is very useful in fever. Malaria is cured by taking Indian atees with basil juice. If a child has been suffering from fever, this medicine should be given necessarily. After getting some relief in high fever or in the condition of tiredness due to fever, decoction prepared by Indian atees, neem’s bark and tinospora should be given to the child. Its use cures fever totally. Body gets strength by its use and hunger increases. It is nutritive. Pregnant woman can take it in such condition when other fever medicines generate heat in the body during fever. This medicine only cures fever and there is no side effect of this medicine on the womb.
- Mix honey in ground Indian atees and loafsugar (khaand) each 10 grams and give to the child to lick twice a day. Its use ends fever.
17. Turmeric: Prepare a decoction by boiling turmeric, Indian berberry, liqourice, wild egg plant and over leaved roseway. Fever caused by diarrhea, asthma, cough, vomiting and other diseases are cured by giving this decoction to the children to drink.
18. Honey: Grind properly woodfordia floribunda, bengal quince pulp, coriander, lodh, over leaved roseway and pavonia odorata with honey into fine paste like sauce. Give this preparation to the child to lick. Diarrhea fever and gas in the stomach are cured by its use.
19. Coriander: Grind lodh, over leaved roseway, coriander, Indian gooseberry and nutgrass. Mix honey with this powder and give to child to lick. Fever ends by its use.
20. Sugar candy: Mix sugar candy or honey in helle bore powder and give to the child to lick. Fever ends by its use.
21. Helle bore: Grind helle bore with water and prepare a paste. Apply this paste on child’s body. Its use cures fever.
22. Nutgrass: Grind nutgrass, Indian atees, pistacia integerrima and mix honey in it. Give it to the child to lick thrice a day. Its use stops vomiting.